Trophy wife

 I dated a woman one time

Who told me about her old man

who had a red E Type which he never drove

except for once a year around the plaza

for the car show day

And she said she felt like that car.

Just there for show

and never really driven at all

or taken anywhere nice

It was his trophy


And she was his trophy wife.


And I have a red guitar

A Gibson 335 

and it sits in a case and never gets seen or played

and it's a fucking disgrace

and I hang my head in shame

Because I'm wasting all my life

wanting the same trophy wife


Funny how we won't 

just let ourselves be who we are

and we try to be someone else 

but it just doesn't work

and you end up just a jerk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bums on seat to get it all done.

A backup career, and planning the piece